International Logistics (ILS) Senior Analyst (Canada)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all daily vendor bookings by assigning appropriate carrier and service.
- Proactively communicates with Inbound Transportation team on shipment status (address load acceptance issues, pick up issues) and must resolve issues on a daily basis to maintain flow.
- Acts as point person for Inbound Transportation team on daily exceptions requiring resolution. Exceptions would consist of delivery delays or deliveries being pushed out. Action issues and resolve, escalate if required.
- Proactively reports merchandise flow interruptions and resolutions to Transportation Operations Supervisor and or Manager.
- Partners with the Import team to ensure shipments move without delay through customs, and appropriate carriers are used to support various release types (CSA and non-CSA release).
- Analyzes and prepares reporting on cost management for inbound flow based on carrier and service allocation.
- Adherence to business rules (timing) established for each milestone in visibility for the flow of merchandise.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of supply chain industry experience – specializing in transportation dispatch.
- Post-Secondary degree in a related field or discipline.
- Proficient in transportation management tools (i.e. Manugistics).
- Proficient in computer skills, Visibility system, email and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize and work with a multitude of Vendor, Merchandising requests/priorities.
- Good knowledge of overall merchandise flow from Vendor to Distribution Centre.
- Customer service/support skills including effectively and efficiently responding to Merchant, Vendor, Carrier inquiries, identifying stated and unstated Customer needs, building relationships with Merchants, Carriers and Vendors.
- Organization skills including prioritizing which question/issue to resolve.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.