The Sanitation/Maintenance Assistant is responsible for ensuring daily maintenance and housekeeping of the facility is performed to American Institute of Baking (AIB)/ Safe Quality Foods (SQF) standards. Cleaning and inspection schedules and records must be maintained on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis. Facility deficiencies must be immediately brought to the attention of supervision/management.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual cleaning and inspections.
- Maintain janitorial/sanitation records that will be required during an AIB/SQF inspection.
- Assist Mechanic/Maintenance/Forklift personnel with building maintenance as needed.
- Participate in AIB/SQF inspections as required under the guidance and supervision of supervision/management or SQF practitioner.
- Safety - inspect equipment and supplies, such as: debris blower/vacuum, scrubber, power-washer, snow plow/blower, pallet jack, and forklift, cleaning supplies, and all chemicals used in the facility.
- Loading and unloading - assists workers in loading and unloading, counting and verifying supplies, records, and pallets.
- Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination.
- Housekeeping/janitorial standards met
- Position requires the incumbent’s performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, quality, productivity and customer services.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Action Oriented preferred
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.