APL Logistics (APLL) designs and operates smart globally integrated supply chains. We combine logistics solutions with transportation services across the world. APLL is a member of Kintetsu World Express group (KWE), a global logistics services provider. Operating in more than 110 locations in 60 countries, APLL manages 200 logistics facilities covering over 20 million square feet globally. With more than 7,600 logistics professionals across the world with local market knowledge, APLL is your trusted global logistics partner. For additional company information, please refer to www.apllogistics.com
The position manages the daily activities of a warehouse to provide highest customer service, working efficiency, safety, and lowest cost for operational areas. The Supervisor provides leadership as well as motivating, training, and developing of the team.
Under the direction of an Operations Manager or General Manager, the incumbent supervises one cost center. Working with and through warehouse personnel, the incumbent is a team builder who supervises the daily activities of the warehouse including personnel scheduling, supervision and proper and safe utilization of equipment, building and personnel. Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent must apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model, among other tools, for operational efficiency to improve business processes, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination while at the same time, meeting corporate values and objectives.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides on-going training and orientations for subordinates to ensure compliance with Company requirements and policies.
- Recommend personnel actions (hire/fire/promotions/increases).
- Use well documented corrective disciplinary measures in a timely manner as applicable.
- Ensure direct and indirect reports receive frequent feedback on performance, including an assessment of performance in the first 90 days and a formal performance review on an annual basis thereafter.
- Maintain an environment of development and recognition.
- Coordinate scheduling of personnel to ensure proper staffing in order to receive and distribute products/materials at the facility in a productive and cost-effective manner. Monitor attendance, tardiness, etc. that impact productivity.
- Coordinate the unloading of all shipments using established procedures.
- Verify accuracy of all inbound/outbound shipments.
- Ensure all damaged product reports and/or documentation is complete and filed appropriately.
- Complete daily and hourly tracking of load status and scheduled departures.
- Prepare and generate warehouse productivity reports for management.
Storage and Inventory Control
- Controls cycle counts to ensure accurate and fully reported.
- Monitors product disposition.
- Assists in physical inventories.
- Inspects damaged cartons for concealed damage to product and documents accordingly.
Safety, Sanitation and Security
- Promotes and maintains a safety awareness program. Schedules and conducts safety meetings; ensures all required safety measures are in place; and that the facility is in compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Ensures all subordinates meet training requirements and comply with CT-PAT regulations and Security policies.
- Follows rigid housekeeping and sanitation policies/practices by applying the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model to improve business process, increase proficiency and cost savings and eliminate waste to ensure facility meets or exceeds budget.
- Apply 5S Lean methodology using a structured 5 step approach to designing, attaining and maintaining a high level of housekeeping and work process organization, thereby creating and sustaining a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- Ensure the direct and indirect reports are in compliance with all Federal and State OSHA and Company Safety requirements and maintain an injury & accident free work environment.
- Identify and implement processes in order to ensure the facility meets or exceeds budget requirements. Identify and implement cost saving initiatives that impact both the facility and the Company as a whole.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year in lead or supervisory position in warehousing.
- Familiarity with warehouse management and operations including use and maintenance of equipment. Forklift certification required
- Knowledge of inventory control management and distribution service operations.
- Ability to effectively schedule labor and carriers
- Ability to train and enforce company safety programs as it relates to OSHA regulations and company safety standards.
- Computer P/C and software knowledge
- Solid command of English, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi task and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with a diverse workforce
- Ability to learn and utilize multiple order fulfillment software systems to pick, process,and ship customer orders
- Problem solving skills needed to differentiate system issues from user application errors and address accordingly.
- Customer service experience with excellent communication and reporting skills. Direct client communication (written and verbal) is a key part of this role
- Some college coursework preferred.
- 2-3 years of previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.