This position is primarily responsible for the execution, management and execution of activities related to the delivery of all products and business goals for APL Logistics for the North America region. This person is responsible to manage the business performance for all products, and will act as the liaison between off-shore resources and other inter-related groups within the APLL organization. He/She must develop and maintain strong internal and external customer service resources to meet the requirements of the business.
Leadership includes communication (internal and external), problem resolution, customer and team escalation point, account coverage and customer satisfaction among across global products, which consist of offshore operations teams, service integrity, customer support, management team, APLL account management teams, systems, operations and sales. Senior Manager will implement new accounts, procedures, lead customer business reviews, develop customer relationships, assist in development of new programs, and establish new business potentials for stronger business relationships among internal and customer stakeholders.
- Create, lead and monitor team PMP and individual development plans
- Collaborate and support the associate managers on regular basis regarding team issues, opportunities and account related priorities
- Lead special projects aimed at standardization and continuous improvement
- Manage, lead and monitor specific global company projects
- Development of team members and management of PIP
- Assist in the creation of team goals and objectives
- Service integrity lead– established KPI’s, group deliverables and customer retention
- Develop, coach and mentoring of team members
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop and manage strategic business plans to achieve operational and financial goals.
- Maintain, establish and implement customer or APLL program initiatives and procedures
- Manages front line employees with primary accountability for:
- Developing a cohesive team
- Managing performance to meet individual and team KPIs
- Developing and retaining employees through coaching/mentoring, training and performance management process (PMP) discussions Champions and manages customer issues that require management level problem solving and intervention.
- Develop and manage customer and vendor relationships to generate competitive advantage through a solid and efficient service network.
- Manage and deliver the team capacity tools, process and improvement opportunities. Measure and report performance against established quality and process indicators using KPIs, ongoing evaluation of service integrity and operations.
- Manage team work bandwidth, back-up / training process and skills assessment.
- Continuous evaluation of client facing work scope and activities to assure maximum value and resource efficiency for external customer.
- Provide problem resolution, customer satisfaction and identify potential business opportunities.
- Manage and Optimize Resources
- Support local team with the guidance, resources and planning needed to help deliver Service Excellence customer objectives.
- Operations & Support
- Manage, communicate and resolve operational, process and systems issues in collaboration with other members of the Customer Service, Service Integrity, Account Management, IT and Sales teams.
- Proactively identify trends, process improvements and customer needs and propose and implement solutions.
- Manage APLL client-related projects coordinating cross-functional internal and external resources.
- Attract, retain, develop, and coach APLL workforce.
- Continuous Process Improvement to Support ELP Initiatives
- Customer retention
- Establish, implement, maintain and manage operations
- Proactively develop and maintain customer relationships to meet and exceed customer expectations by providing a clear escalation path and assisting in issue management and resolution.
- 20+ Years Industry and Management Experience
- Proven and Effective Leadership Qualities and Team Dynamics including mentoring, coaching
- Goal Oriented
- Ability to multi task dynamic and complex projects simultaneously (and prioritization of same)
- Exceptionally strong communication skills that bridge all levels of hierarchy (both written and oral)
- Financial Acumen / Budgets / Planning / New business costs (PNL) / margins
- Ability to quickly define and resolve problems
- Defined and successful negotiation skills with solutions that accommodate company business needs, staff work- loads, customer and commercial requirements
- Process Improvements (LEAN)
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Knowledgeable in systems and technology
- Bachelor’s Degree (logistics, transportation, business, or related focus), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 6 years progressively responsible managerial experience, experience in Logistics, Transportation, and International Business
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining positive external/internal customer relationships
- Ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated mentoring or personnel development skills
- Action oriented, customer focused
- Proficient PC/workstation skills including Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Maintain a high level of customer responsiveness/satisfaction
- Manage the commitments to the accounts in conjunction with Sales
- Service Integrity -- measurable by established KPIs, customer retention
- Revenue, new business development, organic growth
- Employee development and retention
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduate (MBA) preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish), or proficiency in other languages highly desired
- Teamwork – showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect – extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity – fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation – bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus – achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.