Under the direction of a General Manager, this position manages one or more cost centers. Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent must apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business processes, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination while at the same time, meeting Corporate values and objectives.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage daily activity of warehouse to include personnel scheduling and supervision.
- Manage proper and safe utilization of space, equipment, building and personnel.
- Coordinate between warehouse and office operations.
- Bacehlor's degree in Logistics/Distribution or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 2 years management/supervision experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in warehouse management and operations, including equipment and its proper use and maintenance.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to manage budgets
- Must be able to make good decisions.
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.