Position is responsible for providing timely and accurate administrative, accounting and Human Resources support to operations and the Administrative department.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Code, date, and approve Accounts Payable vouchers in timely and accurate manner.
- Batch Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) invoices and transmit data to Head Quarters(HQ). Ensure invoices have pass through charges to customers.
- Verifies sales and AP with HQ Accounting mid and end of month.
- Prepare sales invoice for revenue; ensuring accurate coding to capture all fees and charges.
- Audit and verify general ledger.
- Audit income statements for accuracy, assisting General Manager with financial information.
- Prepare journal entries for accounting for reclassification of revenue and AP, including payroll.
- Maintain AR report.
- Prepare management reports, including invoicing summary and performance reports.
- Maintain and balance petty cash at the facility.
- Maintain time keeping system and reports. Process weekly time reports and audit weekly payroll.
- Maintain employee attendance and Paid Time Off (PTO) records.
- Administer worker’s compensation reporting.
- Maintain OSHA reporting records for the facility.
- May assist in or provide employee compliance training.
- Prepare all new hire documents following established company procedures.
- Establish and maintain personnel records following company confidentiality standards.
- Schedule the orientation of new employees.
- Administer benefits orientation for new hires and open enrollment for warehouse employees.
- Process electronic transactions for employee leaves of absence.
Key Result Areas:
- Accurate and timely reporting for all financials and Metric Tracking.
- Participate in the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination.
- Position requires the incumbent’s performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, quality, productivity and customer services.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: General accounting experience including AR and revenue/expense accruals; HR processing of employee transactions such as payroll, benefit enrollments, etc.
- Familiar with MS Office and database management
- Good filing and organizational skills
- Proficient in data entry and 10 key calculator
- Good math skills
- ADP, e-time, Kronos software experience
- Solid command of English, both written and verbal
- Ability to adhere to confidential guidelines
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus
- Must act in a professional manner and be a team player
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- College Coursework preferred
- Spreadsheet skills preferred
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.