Corporate Financial Accounting & Reporting Manager I (Global)
The incumbent is to assist in financial accounting and reporting activities at the corporate office. Key focus areas are in Finance policy and procedures, periodic reporting to parent company, JSOX compliance work (specifically FR-CLC), adoption of new accounting standards, month-end closing and other ad-hoc reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist in the monthly and quarterly reporting to parent company.
• Partner with Compliance team to manage JSOX (FR-CLC) requirements.
• Identify areas for improvement, establish new procedures and policies that could benefit the company.
• Engage business users to understand work flows and procedures, consult IT to understand system flow and functionalities.
• Update Policy and Operating Manuals.
• Develop and maintain strong internal controls, ensure Internal Audit points are address and implemented.
• Responds to financial inquiries by extracting, analyzing, summarizing and interpreting data from SAP, includes uploading journals into SAP.
• Support the adoption of new accounting standards – includes process changes, system enhancements and new system implementation .
• Any other tasks assigned from time to time.
• Degree holder in Accountancy/Finance or holder of a recognised professional qualification.
• At least 4-5 years relevant financial accounting experience in Multinational Corporation (with global exposure) or with audit background, of which at least 2 years in a control and compliance role.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and SAP ERP.
• Good knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards (FRS) in Singapore and keeps abreast of new development in accounting standards;
• An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities;
• Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships.
• Commercial and business awareness.
• A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data;
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team;
• Strong people management, interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal;
• Deadline-oriented and an ability to stick to time constraints.