The Quality Assurance Asst I inspects product & reports vendor compliance against established criteria, typically sku, color, size, ticketing compliance, hanger seeding, qty vs. purchase order detail.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Prints price tickets when necessary to fulfill customer requirements.
- Inspects and validates SKU against purchase order. Non-compliances are entered into computer system.
- Inspects and validates color against purchase order. Non-compliances are entered into computer system
- Inspects and validates size against purchase order. Non-compliances are entered into computer system.
- Inspects and validates tickets against purchase order. Non-compliances are entered into computer system.
- Inspects and validates quantity against purchase order. Non-compliances are entered into computer system.
- Inspects and validates that hangers are property seeded if purchase order requires it. Non-compliances are entered into computer system
- Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination
- Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- Position requires the incumbent’s performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, quality, productivity and customer services.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to operate scale equipment
- Must be able to use measuring devices
- Must have computer experience
- Good data entry skills
- Must be able to use Warehouse Management Systems (Yantra, SAP, AS400), RF Scanner.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ability to write legibly
- Must have good math skills
- Language skills - English
- Must have attention to detail for continuous mental and visual attention
- Must be a Team Player
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- One (1) year in warehouse operation or quality measurement experience preferred.
- Action Oriented
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.