This position is responsible for the successful coordination of all office functions including accounting and staffing to ensure maximum efficiency. Office manager must continually focus on the improvement of processes in order to ensure the customer's needs are met. Additionally, this position must ensure high quality, cost effective logistics services are provided, and corporate values and objectives are met.
This position is responsible for, but not limited, the following:
- Supervises the Administrative and Customer Service staff and systems back up.
- Schedules the assigned workload and oversees their personal development/training.
- Has dotted line responsibility for all other clerical personnel.
- Prepares Personnel Requisition for open positions; responsible for posting open positions in a timely manner on the Company bulletin board.
- Responsible for the initial orientation of new employees to the Company facility within the first week of employment and submitting new hire documents to Corporate HR to meet payroll cut off schedule.
- Maintains close communications with major accounts, working with assigned customer service associates to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction; identifying procedures and assigning new accounts; responds directly to customer complaints; tracks on time deliveries and other performance measures.
- Conducts performance reviews for administrate personnel.
- Serves as a liaison with the corporate office in providing required reports.
- Prepares and maintains correspondence and contract documentation.
- Provides support services to Operations Manager.
- Oversees the coding of accounts payable vouchers to ensure that they are entered into the system in a timely manner.
- Monitors collections and batching of AP and AR invoices, including credit memos, for transmission to corporate office.
- Audits and verifies GL, processing entries for month-end closing.
- Audits income statements for accuracy, assisting GM with financial information. Checks invoices for proper pass through changes to customers; notifies appropriate manager of discrepancies.
- May be responsible for payroll information to assure payroll is accurate
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- 1-3 years of general office procedures in a business setting with supervisory experience in A/P, A/R and payroll required.
- Strong accounting knowledge with ability to read, understand and interpret financial statements and to assist in generating yearly budgets.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Prior customer service experience.
- Must have strong PC skills including Excel and Word.
- Knowledgeable in warehouse management and operations, including inventory and operating systems.
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.