At APL Logistics we’re all here for a single purpose – to deliver. In return, expect us to be equally committed to delivering for you, too. Opportunities to grow and progress. Are you looking for a job that challenges and promotes your career growth? Apply. You’ll see how everything depends on our network of passionate colleagues, clients and partners.
This position is to provide support to the Senior Team Lead (Customs) in managing all aspects of the customs process for our top Key Account using CFSP process via the Ricardo system. Including but not limited to, maintenance of KPI reporting and support and training to the wider customs team. Implementation of new/enhanced processes. Support for Brexit implementation.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Establish an effective collaborative relationship with the Logistics Operational team and maintain communication with customer on all customs issues,
- Maintain the integrity of service in terms of timeliness and accuracy using CFSP entry process via Ricardo software,
- Creativity in identifying efficiencies for the customer and APLL by articulating issues and proposed solutions with both internal and external stakeholders,
- Maintain current knowledge of customs legislation, political/commercial documentation and the HMRC tariff and ensure same is cascaded to the team,
- Work flexibly with other members of the APLL-Customer customs team to resolve any errors,
- Responsible for running monthly reports from the CFSP software,
- Responsible for the creation and transmission of Final Supplementary Declaration (FSD) for all SDIs entered by customs by end of month deadlines, for which non –compliance can lead to penalties,
- Act as a point of reference and answer queries and support other team members,
- Train and monitor new staff,
- Notify Customs of any late entries, entered outside normal timescale,
- Support Senior Team lead in the maintenance of our Customs AEO F accreditation.
- Experience in a key customer-facing role, with management of a customs team in a deputy/ assistant capacity,
- Experience of working in customs brokerage environment with excellent knowledge of Ricardo System,
- Proven knowledge of customs legislation and procedures such as FLEGHT / CVED / CITIES,
- Excellent knowledge of the HMRC Tariff for a diverse range of product types,
- Extremely organised, high level of attention to detail,
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills (written and verbal),
- Ability to work with HMRC for any ad hoc requirements, procedure audits etc.,
- Intermediate computer literacy and knowledge of software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Professional training and development
- Great compensation package
- Inclusive, familial culture & international environment
- Location in the Stratford, London / Flexible remote option
If you are interested in considering being open for new opportunities with a leadership responsibility upload your application and join our Talent Pool. This will allow us to contact you for new job openings.
To learn more about APL Logistics please visit APLL website www.apllogistics.com