Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent must apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business processes, increased proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination while at the same time, meeting the corporate values and objectives.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assists the supervisor/manager in assuring that good relations with the customers are maintained by all the representatives. Any and all complaints are handled in a courteous and efficient manner. Solicits customer feedback and regularly reports responses to supervisor. Negative feedback or response is promptly reviewed with the supervisor.
- Assists supervisor/manager in directing the daily activities of Customer Service Representatives (CSR) which includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinating even, daily work flow among all personnel.
- Assuring that all shipments of product are handled on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that inbound shipments are entered into the inventory in a timely, efficient manner.
- Ensuring accurate customer invoicing is processed to include inbound recurring and EMO billing.
- Ensuring accurate physical and cycle count inventories.
- Processing and releasing of adjustment orders.
- Resolves difficult customer problems. Maintains a good working relationship with customers. Reports all customer feedback and assists the other customer service reps in resolving customer problems.
- Provides training for new hires and provides input on performance levels of CSR I and II
- Process & input all customer orders timely and accurately. Generate Coordinates requests made by customers with supervisors/managers and CSR's.
- Maintains complex metrics, records & reports as required. Ensures that inventory records are current and accurate. Prepares and maintains other records as required.
- Processes adjustments & produces invoices timely and accurately. Assures proper invoicing of accounts by verifying computer-generated invoices.
- Acts as liaison between warehouse personnel and customer. Resolves problems as they occur and ensures that accurate and complete information is conveyed to all concerned
- Works with Administration to ensure proper supply levels are maintained.
- Audits productivity statistics of CSR's to ensure Company standard are maintained.
- Ensures filing system is kept current and complete.
- Assists in collection activities for past due accounts receivable.
- Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination
- Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- Position requires the incumbent’s performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, quality, productivity and customer services.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of three (3) years customer service or inventory control in the distribution and logistics industry is required
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in data entry
- Advanced spreadsheet skills required.
- Must possess elevated level of skills to manage and resolve EDI issues.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ability to write legibly
- Must have good math skills
- Ability to make decisions on customer acceptance based on past experience
- Above average verbal, writing, and grammar skills in English
- Must have attention to detail for continuous mental and visual attention
- Must be strong in customer focus
- Must act in a professional manner
- Must be able to maintain information as confidential
- Must be a team player
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Some PC & college level courses preferred
- Must be able to adapt and respond to change.
- Must be action oriented
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.