Under the direction of the Inventory Supervisor or Operations Manager, this position assists in the coordination of the daily activities of the inventory control personnel, acts as a supervisory backup and completes other inventory control functions. Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent must apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business processes, increased proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination while at the same time, meeting the corporate values and objectives.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist the supervisor in: the coordination of cycle counts, research, aisle audits, adjustments, inventory reporting and insures efficient use of time and equipment, ensuring that appropriate records are maintained and that tight inventory control and security is maintained.
- Acts as liaison between warehouse personnel, CSRs, and the customer. Resolves problems as they occur and ensures that accurate and complete information is conveyed to all concerned.
- Resolves difficult customer inventory problems: Maintains a good working relationship with customers. Reports all customer feedback and assists the other inventory control personnel in resolving customer problems.
- Coordinate and execute customer requests to scrap obsolete, old, and end of life inventory.
- Daily review of Book to Book (BTB) report to identify and resolve inventory variances in a timely manner.
- Maintains records and reports as required. Ensures that inventory records are current and accurate. Prepares and maintains other records as required.
- Trains and instruct other users on using inventory management system (PKMS).
- Inventory accuracy
- Tasks completed timely and accurately
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years Inventory control or accounting
- Familiar with distribution and warehouse procedures and know inventory control functions
- Be a good communicator, both verbal and written have good interpersonal skills
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be proficient in data entry
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must have good math skills
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to write legibly
- Teamwork – showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect – extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity – fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation – bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus – achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.