The position of Operations Rep will be responsible for meeting the customer’s transportation requirements working in a regionally aligned team environment. Duties include processing customer orders, modal analysis, tendering freight to carriers, and day-to-day troubleshooting. The position involves all modes of transportation, i.e. less than truckload, truckload, intermodal, and airfreight.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide expertise and resources to coordinate ship points as assigned.
- Interface with various groups as needed to create or redefine existing processes, including general logistics analysis of freight lanes.
- Engage in modal selection from small package, airfreight, direct ship, truckload, and intermodal transportation.
- Considerable dialogue with many organizations within and outside customer (vendors, carriers), including participation meetings.
- Operate within a team environment, to include, joint decision making problem solving and accountabilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent GED preferred, prefer a minimum of an AA Degree
- Minimum 2+ years transportation/logistics experience, preferably in operations or a call center environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- PC proficient
- Working knowledge of shipping modes, including Drayage LTL, TL, Airfreight, Consolidations, and intermodal.
- High level of attention to detail
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.