At APL Logistics we’re all here for a single purpose – to deliver. In return, expect us to be equally committed to delivering for you, too. Opportunities to grow and progress. Are you looking for a job that challenges and promotes your career growth? Apply. You’ll see how everything depends on our network of passionate colleagues, clients and partners.
The role ensures that APL Logistics cost-effectively provides a commercially and operationally superior standard of service delivery to our European customer base, objectively evidenced against clear customer and internal key performance indicators and their associated service level agreements.
The job-holder will lead management and development of the Customer Service national team reporting to the job holder, to deliver their goals, and will work closely with our customers, with other business functions, our origin offices, with our Global Service Support team in Chongqing, and with service providers contracted by our customers and APL Logistics, to anticipate, identify and address service issues and their root causes and embed sustainable corrective actions. The job-holder will additionally support development of a culture of continuous innovation within the national team that report to them, and our team in Chongqing, and working with the Networks Solutions Group to identify and cleanly deliver process improvement and system development initiatives on an ongoing basis to improve overall customer satisfaction, improve processing efficiency and reduce our operational cost to serve.
- Management of Country Customer Service Leads, with primary accountability for developing leads and their teams into a cohesive pan-European team, managing Leads performance, coaching and mentoring, ensuring training needs are identified and met, employee development and employee satisfaction.
- Ensuring country-based teams and CQ Europe team have a strong and proactive customer service mentality and are consistently delivering against agreed customer KPI and the requirements within each customers LP.
- Ensuring country-based teams and CQ Europe team are delivering against internal KPI’s, PoM’s and other legislative/compliance requirements.
- Work closely with GSS CQ to ensure we have a genuinely integrated and collaborative one-team mindset in performance of work wherever performed throughout each orders lifecycle. Manage relationship with GSS CQ including monthly management business reviews and team briefings using objective KPI/SLA and productivity/cost to serve reporting. Identifying and prioritising development opportunities between CQ and European Front Line Offices.
- Review log of escalated issues and engage on items where management attention required (demonstrating reduction in repeating issues over time).
- Liaision with KAM / Key Account Support on service delivery inclduing management of expectations linked to clear scope of work (LP) and associated KPI.
- Liaision with KAM / Key Account Support on indetification and deployment of margin/operating income enhancement opportunities.
- Key partner to the Network Solutions Group in scoping and embedding new and enhanced technology solutions and process improvements to deliver ongoing productivity and cost-to-serve improvements.
- Key partner to the Network Solutions Group supporting clean implementations of new customers and service line extensions for existing customers
- Has sound understanding of the commercial implications of operations activity and making recommendations to KAM on opportunities for margin improvement, and showing customers we add value by highlighting opportunities.
- Reviews and reports on network operational performance and flags performance issues at origin and destination. Takes appropriate steps with team support to resolve these issues and / or escalate to senior management as necessary.
- Supporting European Customer Service Manager with development and delivery of specific projects as arising.
- Reviewing and managing service provider performance and providing frequent peformance / issues updates to procurement/product management.
- University degree in appropriate discipline, or work experience equivalent.
- Proven experience in successfully leading teams.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in working in a management position in an international logistics environment.
- Excellent understanding of international logistics & forwarding – great aset
- Desired competencies:
> Building, leading & motivating effective teams, and driving people performance
> Excellent interpersonal and negotiation/influencing others skills
> Attentive to detail with good analytical/Excel skills
> Proactive can-do mentality and attitude with strong customer service mentality
> Self-motivated with good time management and task prioritisation skills
> Effective at building quality relationships with both internal and external parties
What we offer:
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Great compensation package (competitive pension contribution, bonus, car allowance and many other!)
- Inclusive, familial culture & international environment
- Nice location: London Stratford (www.hereeast.com) / hybrid-remote option
To learn more about APL Logistics please visit APLL website www.apllogistics.com and find us on social media.