At APL Logistics we’re all here for a single purpose – to deliver. In return, expect us to be equally committed to delivering for you, too. Opportunities to grow and progress. Are you looking for a job that challenges and promotes your career growth? Are you a natural born Leader?
You’ll see how everything depends on our network of passionate colleagues, clients and partners.
This role is a unique opportunity to step into the logistics industry leader environment as Team Manager, Key Account Support (KASA). The position is a significant part of APLL’s EMEA Commercial Execution team, accountable for leading the EMEA Key Account Support team in delivering service excellence for our top EMEA accounts as well as identifying development opportunities to further enhance the service and account development together with the respective Key Account Managers.
The KASA team, lead by the Team Manager, is responsible to translate the services agreed with the customer into meaningful and measurable business processes including KPIs, objectives to enable driving APLLs overall performance against customer expectation.
The focus of this position is divided into following main areas:
- Continuous design of Key Account Support Structure (including definition of cross customer KPIs, processes & tools required to efficiently & effectively monitor and manage the nominated customers’ supply chains and drive performance)
- Lead the KASA team, assuring overall operations excellence along the entire supply chain for APLL’s highly complex key accounts
- Together with the Country KAM Mangers, Key Account Managers & Key Account Support Analysts support account and service level development for all nominated EMEA key accounts
- Line Manager of the KASA team, driving team focus and development.
The initial focus of this role will be on setting up the team and infrastructure (processes / tools / responsibilities / task & resource allocation, ..) to fully establish the EMEA KASA team and set up enhancing the existing support structure for DE key accounts. During / after this initial period, the Team Manager KASA will lead the KA Support Analysts in their day to day responsibilities including, but not limited to process adherence & design, project / program development as well as design of business processes between customers, trading partners and APLL. In addition the Team Manager KASA will actively contribute to identification of commercial development opportunities through facilitating regular exchange between the KASA team and relevant Key Account managers / product teams.
The Team Manager KASA will play an integral role in continuously reviewing and aligning / optimizing business processes, communication as well as resource allocation to ensure that the KASA team is set up adequately to support and grow our service portfolio with the relevant EMEA key accounts.
Key Result Areas
The Team Manager KASA manages the KASA team and as such is responsible to design & structure the KASA set up & processes in a way that enables the team members to effectively & efficiently monitor service delivery and drive improvement opportunities for existing accounts in close cooperation with the respective Key Account Managers.
Individual performance measures (KPIs) required of the job that align with company goals and ensure accountability for the delivery of measurable results and clear linkage to the Performance Management Process.
• Maintain efficient customer OTIF Flow management within the KASA team, the wider APLL organization and customers
• Execute regular performance check ins with direct reports reviewing current performance and potential development areas through open dialogue
• Set up annual / periodic performance goals for direct reports aligned with global / regional / country directive
• Own the Monitoring of regular KPI calls across origin and destination team to drive continuously service improvement and achieve excellent results.
• Organize and lead weekly team meetings with direct reports
• Review cross customer business processes & requirements to identify opportunities for standardization, automation and service improvements
• Maintain and present cross customer reporting / transparency to management on regular basis.
• Frequent discussion and support for KA support analysts to identify commercial opportunities to be raised with Key Account managers
• Manage resource / time allocation and drive efficient time and resource management / productivity within the KASA team
• Drive LEAN processes between customer and internal APLL teams in order to maintain and improve high productivity levels
• Prepare and Participate in relevant key customer meetings
• Support and manage the development of projects, which will enable APLL to raise the sophistication of its services delivered to Key Accounts.
• Degree level education in logistics preferred but not required; Expertise knowledge of Supply Chain Processes such as Freight Forwarding, Consolidation, Transportation, etc.
• Strong leadership skills – must have criteria: Experience with managing / leading teams / employee development
• Experience in logistics and/or Supply Chain Management preferred
• Experience in Customer Service / Interaction min., team lead level
• Strong experience in cross functional project / process management
• Capability to apply structured logic to analyse/resolve complex problems
• Basic understanding of IT and supply chain data structures
• Good in MS Office (especially in Excel)
• Background in logistics for retailers / FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) companies
• At least basic knowledge of LEAN methodology
• Experience with agile project approach
• Desired competencies:
- Excellent listening and communication skills. Capable of articulating issues and proposed solutions with both internal and external customers
- Proactive and persistent
- Commitment to task
- Team player
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to make own decisions
- Great sense of new opportunities
- Strong analytical skills
- Good organisation and time/priority management
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and software
• Fluency in German and English
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Professional training and development
• Great compensation package
• Inclusive, familial culture & international environment
• Location in the city center of Hamburg / Flexible remote option
To learn more about APL Logistics please visit APLL website www.apllogistics.com and find us on social media.