The APL Logistics Sr Mgr, Business Development for the Northwest Pacific region will focus is on developing business opportunities with companies not transacting business with APLL. The role is responsible for lead generation, relationship management, opportunity identification, solutions development and closing of deals. The resource will align activities to support the strategic initiatives of APL Logistics and will play a lead role in designing solutions accordingly. Solutions will be comprised of these key initiatives:
1. Expansion of services including order management services, transloading/distribution, ocean freight forwarding, land transport and associated supply chain solutions.
2. Identification of opportunities in the markets we serve (North America, North Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia, EMEA and Latin America)
3. Support new product initiatives such as regional distribution/mixing hub concepts, data analytics services and others.
Role requires previous experience and knowledge of solutions consulting and design principles and methodologies, preferably in the logistics or consulting markets.
- Meet/Exceed new business budget
- Support all administrative activities including updates account profiles and target account programs
- Stay within travel and entertainment budget assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (logistics, transportation, business, or related focus), or an equivalent combination of education & experience. Graduate (MBA) preferred
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience, and experience in professional selling capacity, with national account experience
- Intimate knowledge of the US Intermodal network and service offerings
- Proven customer service skills are required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Must be able to communicate and interact and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
- Working knowledge of PC-based applications and Electronic Information Systems
- Exceptional negotiation skills, MS Office applications and general administrative functions
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.