At APL Logistics we’re all here for a single purpose – to deliver. In return, expect us to be equally committed to delivering for you, too. Opportunities to grow and progress. Are you looking for a job that challenges and promotes your career growth? Apply. You’ll see how everything depends on our network of passionate colleagues, clients and partners.
The Supervisor is the face forward of APL Logistics to the customers related operational activities. The Supervisor’s responsibility is a part-time role (estimate 30%) in addition to operating as an account coordinator.
The SupervisorCustomer Service is the first contact for Account Coordinators and for the administrative department in Chongqing 30%.
By running an effective team leader role, productivity should increase, problems are identified earlier and management spam should be controlled more, resulting in a more effective organization.
Key result Areas:
• To achieve the agreed margin for a shipment
• Build and maintain an high level of operational relation with customer
• To support and train the less experienced Account Coordinators
• Able to act independently with regards to day – to day operational tasks and customer handling
• Consult Operations Manager on the operational performance
• Operational responsible for handling complex inbound or outbound shipments independently according Customer requirements
• High sense of responsibility
• Structured update between Team Leaders as well as consulting the Operations Manager
• Raise/create awareness to the Account Management team about certain operational issues and improvements
• First point of contact for Operational issues or escalations
• Manage daily working processes and workload and ensure backups are in place.
• Team effort
• MBO / 4, Logistics education / Scheepvaart en Transport College
• Experience in the logistics/supply chain industry
• Experience with operational digital systems
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good skills with systems /or similar: ACSR123, GFF, SeeChange, TMS, LSS
• Good skills of Office tools (Excel)
• Ability to coordinate and organize logistics processes
• Correct planning
• Capability to manage the daily tasks and prioritize activities
• Ability to deal with the interests of the customers and the interests of APLL
• Fluency in Dutch and English language (oral and written)
• Experience in customer operational process improvements
• You are able to act independently with regards to day – to day operational tasks and customer handling
• High sense of responsibility is your strength
Additional desired competencies:
• Customer focus
• Result driven
• Solution focus
• Team building
• Communication skills
• Positive attitude
What we offer:
• Professional development and training opportunities
• Great compensation package
• Inclusive, familial culture & international environment
• Nice location: Rotterdam center: Erasmus bridge area / hybrid-remote option
To learn more about APL Logistics please visit APLL website www.apllogistics.com and find us on social media.