Create, Process and Manage raw data submission for a major High Street Retailer as part of an automated process.
To assist in providing support to the Customs Brokerage docs team, in response to receiving and processing documentation, received from our overseas offices.
Role & Responsibilities
- Handling documentation from all over the world for the key account, which is downloaded into our systems by our office in China and checking that they are correct before passing them to our Customs Team for them to continue the process for this major account.
- Constant need to communicate with our office in GSSC CQ to resolve any documentary issues.
- Establish an effective collaborative relationship with the key acct Logistics Operational team and maintain communication with the direct line manager on all customs issues.
- Establish effective communication with APLL UK Logistics Operational teams.
- Calculation of freight rates.
- To Create and Process Frontier data and ASN submissions.
- Check that Voy details are correct and triggered correctly.
- Complete customs entries in Ricardo.
- Maintain the integrity of service in terms of timeliness and accuracy if using CFSP entry process via Ricardo software.
- Creativity in identifying efficiencies for the customer and APLL by articulating issues and proposed solutions with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work flexibly with other members of the APLL- and key acct customers customs team and other stakeholders to resolve any errors.
- 1-2 years of working experience in a logistics and /or Customs department. (Not essential but would be a benefit.).
- Intermediate Knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience in a key customer-facing role.
- Capability to apply structured logic to resolve problems.
- Experience of working in customs brokerage environment with excellent knowledge of Ricardo System preferable but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work with the team to assist HMRC for any ad hoc requirements, procedure audits etc.
- Intermediate computer literacy and knowledge of software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint,