At APL Logistics we’re all here for a single purpose – to deliver. In return, expect us to be equally committed to delivering for you, too. Opportunities to grow and progress. Are you looking for a job that challenges and promotes your career growth?
Apply. You’ll see how everything depends on our network of passionate colleagues, clients and partners.
The Customs department is APL Logistics spill between the APL Logistics departments, local customs authorities and their (international) customers.
The Customs Manager is responsible for the daily management and quality of the customs activities.
Key Result Areas:
• Responsible for AEO license
• Daily management and point of escalation concerning all UK Customs matters
• Timely and accurate clearances to the Customs in the UK
• Advise and execute proper limited fiscal representation services in the UK
• Monitor all Customs clearances
• To lead Import/Export Customs Brokerage and documentation team and products
• Organize, manage and monitor AEO audit and be compliant to all AEO processes and procedures.
• Maintain current knowledge of customs legislation, political/commercial documentation
• Consultant of Customs matters to internal and external customers
• Responsible for correct clearances and all other daily routines and manage the Customs team.
• Responsible for appeal’s towards Customs Authorities.
• Timely and accurate clearances to the Customs in the UK.
• Maintain control over ‘fiscal representation’ services as offered to customers.
• Each customer must have signed contract for indirect representation before preforming any customs declarations
• Monthly check of the customs duties invoice and TCR report.
• Monthly CBS reporting
• Handling VAT Note by fiscal representation
• > 5 years’ experience within Customs activities as a Manager
• Work experience with the Electronic Customs activities
• Good skills with digital Customs systems
• Strong Leader
• Strong Analytical skills
• Good communication skills
• Prioritization and planning skills
• Is dedicated to solve problems
• Team Player
• Solution focused
What we offer:
• Professional development and training opportunities
• Competitive compensation package
• Inclusive, familial culture & international environment
• Nice location: London Stratford (www.hereeast.com) / hybrid-remote option
To learn more about APL Logistics please visit APLL website www.apllogistics.com and find us on social media.