The success of IMS depends on our ability to provide reliable service to our customers. This position has primary accountability for booking and releasing customer orders, service coordination and communications with our external customers.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Booking and releasing customer orders, includes working with other departments to secure equipment to meet volume goals, gather information for accurate orders and invoices.
- Dispatching motor carriers for pickup and delivery of customer shipments. Includes getting service commitments from suppliers to meet service reliability goals.
- Expediting/Problem solving. Includes working with railroads and drayman to achieve service reliability and customer satisfaction goals.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in team-based environment and Quality tools and techniques preferred.
- A demonstrated self-confident, outgoing, professional service-oriented demeanor with the ability to handle customers via telephone with appropriate tone, diction and enthusiasm.
- Basic PC workstation skills in Windows, Excel and Word.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of APL Domestic Business.
- Ability to work flexible hours/weekends, including possible shift work.
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.