The General Manager is responsible for the overall performance of warehouses, including operations, customer service, office operations, and MIS (systems/IT).
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Team builder and plans, organizes, staffs, directs and ensures the efficient operation of all office and warehouse activities.
- Selection, professional development, motivation and creation of a team environment are key responsibilities.
- Assists senior management in establishing warehouse performance objectives.
- Accountable for achieving prescribed Company objectives in regard to cost, quality, productivity, customer service and profit.
- Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent must continually focus on the improvement of his/her processes in order to ensure the customer's needs are met for high quality, cost effective logistics services while, at the same time, meeting Corporate values and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education.
- Three to five (3-5) years warehouse experience.
- Three to five (3-5) years supervisory/management experience required.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Experience motivating and developing teams and individuals in successfully completing duties.
- Industry knowledge regarding trends and software.
- Strong PC skills in Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Good reading, writing and math skills required.
- Strong background in Warehouse Management Software required and Pkms experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.