Customer Service Representative I is responsible for communications with customers in a professional, prompt, and effective manner which includes responding to inquiries, processing orders and handling complaints. These are typically routine requests with non-routine escalated as appropriate.
Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent must apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business processes, increased proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination while at the same time, meeting the corporate values and objectives.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintains and builds upon a good workimg relationship with customers. Responds to all inquires and complaints concerning work orders, invoices, shipments, inventory counts, etc., in a courteous, efficient and timely manner. Reports customer feedback to management, including any signs of dissatisfaction.
- Accurately processes all inbound and outbound paperwork in a timely manner and necessary information required for customer work-orders, checking all orders for special requests and post inventory records. This includes confirming accuracy of information, reconciling between Company and customer systems. Any discrepancies are immediately identified and resolved per established procedures.
- Maintains metrics, records and reports as required and ensures that inventory records are current and accurate. Prepares and maintains other records as required.
- Processes adjustments & produces accurate and timely invoices
- Participates in inventory control, arranges cycle counts and physical inventories and verifies quantities.
- Acts as liaison between warehouse personnel and customers to resolve problems as they occur and ensures that accurate and complete information is conveyed to all concerned. Escalates problems as necessary and follows up when applicable.
- Other responsibilities may include phone duties, greeting visitors, scheduling, and other clerical duties as directed by superiors or management.
- Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination
- Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- Position requires the incumbent’s performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, quality, productivity, and customer services.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of two (2) years customer service, inventory control, or accounting experience required
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in data entry
- Basic spreadsheet skills required
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ability to write legibly
- Must have good math skills
- Ability to make decisions on customer acceptance based on past experience
- Above average verbal, writing, and grammar skills in English
- Must have attention to detail for continuous mental and visual attention
- Must be strong in customer focus
- Must act in a professional manner
- Must be able to maintain information as confidential
- Must be a team player
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Some college preferred
- Knowledge of distribution and logistics preferred
- Must be able to adapt and respond to change.
- Must be action oriented.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people. Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.