The Warehouse Team Lead I assists in assigning work to warehouse personnel, providing on-the-job training and feedback, champions safety awareness and ensures jobs are completed correctly and efficiently. The Team Lead I assists team leads, supervisors and management in identifying better performers and those requiring additional training or correction to the attention of team leads, supervisors and management. They assists team leads and supervisors in scheduling, planning and organizing work schedules to ensure jobs are assigned correctly and efficiently.
A Team Lead I provides assistance to team leads and supervisors in coordinating the unloading of inbound and loading of outbound shipments. The Team Lead I reviews, learns and applies standard operating procedures to assist team leads and supervisors in ensuring inventory controls are maintained. The Team Lead I provides assistance to management in their efforts to maintain safe, efficient, cost effective and accurate handling of customer products.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Unloading Inbounds, Loading Outbounds and staging in accordance with procedures or coordinate the same
- Insuring Inventory Control and Storage accuracy thru cycle counts and physical audits
- Providing support to team involving product damage, quality and safety issues
- Planning and organizing work schedules and ensure jobs are assigned correctly and efficiently
- Providing support to the Shipping and Receiving Clerk and employees on the team
- Covering the “shift” responsibilities in the absence of a supervisor or team lead
- Performing job functions of an MH II or III as directed by a team lead II or supervisor
- Performing housekeeping activities, assembling crates to contain products and/or moving loose materials to containers as directed by a team lead or supervisor
- Providing hands-on training through demonstration to associates in all assigned tasks.
- Assist in the application of the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model.
- Assist in the application of the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 Years warehouse or related work experience required
- 2 Years forklift/material handling skills required and Equipment Certification required.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Ability to write legibly and have basic math, computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to make decisions on customer acceptance based on past experience and fitness for use
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to lead others to complete work requirements
- Must have attention to detail for continuous mental and visual attention
- Action Oriented and Results Driven.
- Must be a team player - showing a commitment to collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus-striving to achieve company /department goals through strong customer focus.
- Solid command of English, both written and verbal; Spanish speaking a plus.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Teamwork – showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect – extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity – fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation – bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus – achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.