At APL Logistics we’re all here for a single purpose – to deliver. In return, expect us to be equally committed to delivering for you, too. Opportunities to grow and progress. Are you looking for a job that challenges and promotes your career growth?
Apply. You’ll see how everything depends on our network of passionate colleagues, clients and partners.
Location: Hamburg / OR remote - your maximum travel time 1,5h
Business Unit: Logistics IT
This position is responsible for first level IT support, including servers, phone systems, LAN/WAN, desktops, laptops, printers, mobile phones, switches, routers and application software (global and local). Provides technical support and recommends/implements solutions to a variety of complex issues and to improvement opportunities. Require to exchange verbal and written information on specialized topics to internal and external audience.
Key result areas:
• Support service delivery of IT infrastructure.
• Working as a team, maintaining systems in optimal condition including regular maintenance, monitoring and housekeeping.
• To support all IT systems and software (Workstations, Servers, Printers, Switches, Routers and all other IT Infrastructure equipment)
• Respond to helpdesk requirements, completing tasks in line with agreed processes and within SLA agreements.
• Escalating where necessary.
• Provide face to face, remote and telephone support.
• Work closely with EMEA IT team to improve response times, standardize IT setups across EMEA and follow company guidelines.
• Helpdesk support for IT issues in your region (local support) as well as in EMEA (remote support)
• Helpdesk support of Software (Microsoft Windows & Server OS, Microsoft Office, Antivirus and other necessary applications used by APLL)
• Local Area Network configuring and monitoring
• Helpdesk support of telephone system (Cisco IPT / Local Systems) to include routine moves/adds/changes
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of local/remote desktops, laptops. This includes new hardware and software installation image creation, network software configuration, upgrades to workstation hardware/software and general user assistance with various applications
• Maintain current inventory of computer assets assigned to locations, including tracking additions, relocations, and deletions
• Coordination with other IT teams within APLL in order to solve end user IT issues
• Application Trainings to local users to improve application knowledge and handling by end users
• Managing assigned IT projects
Minimal Education Required:
Degree in Computer Science
Minimal Experience Required:
• 2 - 3 year’s experience in an IT Support role.
• Experience in Microsoft Operating Systems (MCP / MCSE).
• Experience in Microsoft Office (MOS).
• Experience with Cisco Systems (CCNA).
• Fluency in German (minimum intermediate) and English
Minimal Skills Required:
• Excellent time management, troubleshooting and communication skills.
• Motivated to work as team player within our organization.
• Good communication skills in general and via telephone, excellent control of English language, both orally and in writing.
• Passion for service excellence.
• Is able to negotiate with different sorts users.
• Competitive and strong negotiation skills.
• Effective organizational & planning skills.
• Desired competencies.
• Solution focused on a global perspective.
• Analytical problem solving.
• Political savvy, strategic agility, managing vision and purpose.
What we offer:
• Professional training and development
• Good compensation package
• Inclusive, familial culture & international environment
• Location in the city center of Hamburg / working remotely (max. travel radius Hamburg +1,5h)
To learn more about APL Logistics please visit APLL website www.apllogistics.com and find us on social media.