We are currently seeking an Intern to join our Business Intelligence (BI) team located in Scottsdale, AZ or remote. The ideal candidate will be an incoming senior who is looking for a summer internship. Over the course of the internship, you will learn how to work with a team of Analysts and BI Developers responsible for delivering solutions to help solve real problems. You will help guide decision making and performance analysis by leveraging Tableau and SQL Server.
As a Business Intelligence Intern, you will blend technology and data and analytical thinking to support the business across the globe. The appetite for data and information runs deep at APL Logistics and you will get to work alongside our world-class Analytics team on a day-to-day basis.
- Support efficient, scalable and repeatable processes using large-scale data sets for external and internal customers. Create and troubleshoot databases and queries. (35%)
- Create data visualizations and dashboards for internal and external clients. (25%)
- Support data technology solution designs and implementations and ensure requirements are met and delivered on time. (25%)
- Researching new technology that can be implemented in the field. (15%)
- Streamlining data processes and creating data solutions
- Learn to prioritize tasks
- Learn to lead discussions and meetings
Major Assignments and Projects:
- Create scripts to apply machine learning and or predictive analytics
- Identifying KPIs that are relevant or meaningful
- Create visualizations to provide insights into problems
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in engineering, information data sciences or similar
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work 20-25 hours a week and complete a 12-week internship program
- Experience with data analytics, business intelligence, database management, reporting or similar
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Access, SQL Server, SSIS, VBA, BI Software like Tableau, Qlikview or similar. Some knowledge of Python, R or machine learning algorithm preferred.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.