APL Logistics is seeking aspired application developers and engineers to intern with the Global IT organization.
You will be working with supply chain domain experts on producing scalable software solutions. As an application development intern, you will have some familiarity with front-end and/or back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
Internship will be in a variety of functional domains within our APL Logistics Global Technology Solutions team: data analytics and integration, warehouse management system, transportation management system, customer relationship management solution, shared services development and etc.
Intern will be part of a cross-functional team that are passionate and excited to create impactful supply chain solution that enables our customers to have exceptional logistics services.
If you are a senior in your program, who are seeking application development and engineering experience and have a curiosity about supply chain and logistics, then we want to hear from you!
Key Accountabilities/Job Duties
- Be a part of the agile development team that are responsible for managing full application development lifecycle
- Work closely with product team on implementing new features and optimizing existing ones.
- Establish good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or business management Information systems.
- Familiarity with back end development environment such as Java EE, Node.js, Python
- Basic knowledge of database structure, data retrieval/manipulation, and analysis technology stack and language such as SQL, Python and BI tools such as Tableau
- Basic knowledge of modern architecture frameworks and technologies (SOA, API, RESTful, Microservice and etc.) is a plus
- Some experience in data analytical roles with excellent customer facing communication and technical writing skills
- Basic knowledge of creating and maintaining technical and functional specs, solution design, and wireframes
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.