At APL Logistics, we bring supply chains to life. While the core of what we do every day is enable our customers’ movement of goods, we have come to think of our work as connecting consumers to the products that bring them joy, create healthy lives, keep them safe, and deliver value. Our responsibility to deliver this value extends to our unique and powerful opportunity to collaborate with customers and drive business value from sustainable innovation.
APLL has taken the previous two years to develop our ability to measure, manage, and mitigate customers’ transportation supply chain greenhouse gas emissions. Concurrently, APLL is completing its first materiality assessment and we are nearing the announcement of sustainability goals. In this internship, you will work with the Sustainability Director to communicate these achievements to our staff, stakeholders, customers, and investors. The final project will vary depending on need at the beginning of the internship, though this work could include: identifying and documenting target audiences to prepare marketing collateral that meets their needs; creating opportunities for APLL staff to be the “expert in the room” on sustainability matters at conferences, on social media, podcasts, policy discussions, etc.; fortifying and renewing customer-facing presentations and fact sheets to explain the value of our work; and identifying new opportunities to communicate the value of APLL sustainability to public audiences.
- Support the Sustainability Director on communications and marketing activities relevant to our customer base.
- Seek innovative opportunities for delivering value to customers by sharing our sustainability ideas, products, programs, and goals.
- Specific, measurable goals will be available upon commencement of the internship.
- Recommend innovative new methods to bring APLL sustainability to internal and external audiences.
- Spark creativity and engineer engaging messages on new platforms based on thoughtful, data-driven research.
- Simply complex ideas and present to high-level leaders within APLL.
Major Assignments and Projects:
- Upon hire, the intern will work with the Sustainability Director to develop projects that are relevant to both APLL and the future career of the student.
- MUST have some experience or background in sustainability and/or greenhouse gas emissions. Experience working with sustainability in a business setting is preferred.
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, social sciences, graphic design, or another relevant field.
- Must possess the ability to write compelling content which speaks to a variety of audiences.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.