Reporting to the Director Information Security, this role is a key individual within the APLL Information Security team providing technical expertise, architectural leadership and guidance with emphasis on IT Security design, engineering and governance.
He/She will work with external technology vendors, System Integrators (SI), hosting service providers and internal IT groups and business units to provide support before and after infrastructure implementation which includes the overall infrastructure solution design, hardware and software sizing, cost estimation, RFP and implementation. The IT Security & Compliance Manager I (Americas) will be a Subject Matter Expert to IT Security projects and initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Closely collaborates with Infrastructure and Application team on architecture, solutions and approaches and aligning roadmaps.
- Focus on IT Security for Platform including and not limited to Wintel, Linux and Unix.
- Works closely with engineers and other infrastructure groups (Tech Ops, application development, End User services) in the execution of technology proof of concepts, pilots and the technology adoption lifecycle
- Establishes governing principles for design and deployment and make ongoing recommendations of security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures relevant to Enterprise IT infrastructure
- Recommends technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy and security, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure.
- Analyzes technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Works closely with outsourced service providers to facilitate the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of requirements for IT Security systems including IAM, SIEM, NIPS, HIPS, of moderate/high complexity.
- Serves as a high level technical resource on large scale security issues and assists in resolving complex technical problems on new and existing implementations.
- Provides integration review/design, migration or replacement of security devices
- Managing security incidents, Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Test end to end activities.
- Managing internal and external security audit end to end including pre and post audit activities.
- Manage daily operations for security including administration of SSO solution, MS Active Directory, Anti-Virus solution and any other equipment not directly managed by vendors.
- Manage incidents and provide first and second level support for security related equipment with backend support from vendors.
- Provides risk assessment, review and recommendations for change requests related to security.
- Assist to project manage large scale Data Center setup project and ensure KPIs are met within allocated budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent experiences
- Minimum 2-3 years of project management and vendor management.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in a large enterprise network in a design, engineering or architecture role.
- Experience with a broad range of security products such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, AV, VPNs, Authentication, content Filtering in a variety of implementation.
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently to deliver results
- Strong interest in learning and continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and effective in interfacing with internal and external customers fostering collaboration and establishing strong partnerships, teamwork and relationships
- Possess creative ability, consulting skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and demands, ability to manage pressures and stress in the face of opposition, ambiguity and pressing deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- ITIL foundation certification advantage
- Ability to understand complex IT issues that might involve terms and terminologies used across multiple IT technologies including DC, Networks, Database, Middleware, Storage, Backup, Servers, Operating Systems and Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to translate complex technical issues into layman’s language.
- Good technical writing and documentation skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Effectively formulates strategies, tactics, and action plans to achieve results
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.