Tractor-Trailer driver making deliveries from a warehouse to the customer locations. Position requires a current CDL Class A driver’s license, 18 months of verifiable experience in the last 3 years, no more than 2 moving violations within the last 12 months and excellent communication skills. Ensures cargo and equipment is secure prior to moving to prevent injury, shifting of product and equipment damage. Load trucks for days run and pulls store load at each location.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Driving truck to move product from APL warehouse to customer locations
- Pull Order and load and unload truck - assists workers in loading and unloading
- Safety inspections
- Completion of logs and assigned paperwork.
- Safety meetings
- Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination.
- Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- Position requires the incumbent’s performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, quality, productivity and customer services.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class A CDL license issued in state of current residence with 3 - 5 years of tractor trailer driving experience with accident-free record required.
- Forklift experience – both sit down and stand up, motorized and non-motorized pallet jack, clamp, reach, and slip sheet.
- Ability to complete paperwork properly, to maintain legal and legible DOT daily logs and work as a team with customers, co-workers and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required for communicating with co-workers/customers regarding shipments and receipts and basic math skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Team Player
- Action Oriented
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.