I. POSITION SUMMARY:
The APLL Director of Global Accounts will manage an assigned sales territory with the goals of maintaining and growing International Logistics Services to include Consolidation Services, Forwarding Services, and Deconsolidation Services through face-to-face contact. The sales emphasis will be on International Supply Chain Solutions. Candidates should be skilled in sales negotiating, delivering presentations, and supply-chain logistics. Candidates should also have a working knowledge of PC-based applications and Electronic Information Systems.
II. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meet with senior logistics executives in client organizations to scope out and understand needs for projects; manage 3pl projects and obtain and secure opportunities in international logistics to include Consolidation Services, Forwarding Services, and Deconsolidation Services.
2. Provide coaching leadership and support to clients within logistics’ organizations specific to supply chain services to include the global supply chain.
3. Provide specific customer expertise and international logistics services expertise to APLL personnel.
4. Develop and maintain sales territory marketing plan;
a. A strategy maintaining or increasing business with each account in the sales territory
b. Account specific budgets, and target account growth
c. Management of customer-specific account procedures and sales leads.
5. Plan and conduct sales calls, including:
a. Developing a sales-call plan and call specific objectives and materials
b. Conduct face-to-face calls with customers at all levels in their organization and
c. Following up on commitments and issues that arise during sales calls.
6. Communicate on Customer and competitive developments that relate to assigned sales territory;
a. Communicate to other APLL functions and APL business units’ account specific needs and opportunities
b. Communicate with external service providers
c. Gather business intelligence from customers and other sources to identify actions by customers or competitor which could mean a threat or opportunity for APLL, and ensure prompt forwarding of this information to all pertinent individuals in the APLL organization
7. Maintain up-to-date account information including prompt updates of names, address, key contacts, opportunities etc. using Salesforce CRM.
8. Lead/Participate in the post sales implementation team, including;
a. Coordinating the integration of the team members, and
b. Preparation of the account specific Implementation Action Plan with the new customer
III. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor degree is required, graduate training is preferred
• Minimum 10 years of industry experience with 5 years of sales experience.
• Demonstrated experience in creating and delivering service presentations for specific customers
• Demonstrated understanding of International Logistics process components
• Demonstrated independence and self discipline
• Ability to interact with and maintain call control at all levels in customer organization
• Personal computer skills – knowledge in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce
• New business revenue budget by product line
• Growth within your existing territory in revenue
• Administrative responsibilities
• Budget measurements
V. KEY COMPENTENCIES:
• Customer Focus
• Process Management
• Organization & Planning
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.