Customer Service Representative II is responsible for communications with customers in a professional, prompt, and effective manner which includes responding to inquiries, processing orders and handling complaints. The CSR II addresses higher level non-routine customer issues and requests.
Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent must apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business processes, increased proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination while at the same time, meeting the corporate values and objectives.
This position is responsible for all duties assigned to Customer Service Rep I, plus the following: Addresses higher level non-routine customer issues and requests. Backs up the Customer Service Rep I and III as necessary. Assists in coordinating even, daily work flow among all personnel. Assists in the training of new hires. May assist the Customer Service Representative I's in resolving customer problems.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination.
- Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- Position requires the incumbent's performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, quality, productivity and customer services.
- Resolves difficult customer problems. Maintains a good working relationship with customers. Reports all customer feedback and assists the other customer service reps in resolving customer problems.
- Participates in the training of new hires. Provides training for new hires and provides input on performance levels of CSR I's. Assists with the Customer Service Rep III's duties.
- Process & input all customer orders. Generate all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer work orders, checking all orders for special requests and post-inventory records. Follows up with other departments to ensure the service standards are being met.
- Maintains metrics, records & reports as required. Ensures that inventory records are current and accurate. Prepares and maintains other records as required.
- Processes adjustments & produces invoices. Assures proper invoicing of accounts by verifying computer-generated invoices.
- Participates in Inventory Control. Arranges cycle counts and physical inventories and verifies quantities.
- Acts as liaison between warehouse personnel and customer. Resolves problems as they occur and ensures that accurate and complete information is conveyed to all concerned.
- Must comply with written policies as set forth in the company Code of Conduct, Dress Code policy, Attendance program and associate handbook.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years customer service, inventory control, or accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of distribution and logistics preferred but not required
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in data entry
- Spreadsheet skills preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ability to write legibly
- Must have good math skills
- Ability to make decisions on customer acceptance based on past experience and fitness for use
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.